Interested? Get your perusal copy from Theatrical Rights Worldwide.
Nora, a scientist, predicts the melting of the poles and the flooding of the Earth. Rescuing the animals at the Bronx Zoo, Nora and her daughters, Dora, Flora, Lora and Fitzi rent a cruise ship. It seems all are saved, except that daughter Fitzi forgets to bring food. Predators look on their fellow passengers as prey. All animals discover that freedom is a greater sustaining force than food and all ultimately cooperate in finding an edible solution…(a more detailed synopsis).
- It’s Gonna Rain
Swing beat, heavy use of layered riffs a la Charles Mingus “Blues and Roots.”
- There’s Blue All Around Me (Predators)
Down home blues.
- There’s Blue All Around Me (Prey)
Further down home blues. Same melody as previous with different words.
- Swingin’ On the Family Tree
Medium swing dance number
“WE ALL GOT EYES THOUGH THEY’RE NOT THE SAME
WE ALL GOT SKIN SO WE CAN FEEL THE RAIN
WE ALL GOT HEARTS AND I CAN GUARANTEE
WE’RE DANCIN’ AND WE’RE SWINGIN’ ON THE FAMILY TREE”
- I See Blue
Swinging bebop melody over harmony from “Blue Skies.”
(Costume illustrations by Shelly Norton)
Past Productions of Nora’s Ark:
- 2004 Production by the Louis Armstrong Middle School
Queens, New York
- 2010 Production by the Santa Fe School for the Arts & Sciences
Santa Fe, New Mexico
- 2010 Production by the Nora Davis Magnet School
- 2011 European Premiere Production in Montenegro
- 2013 Production in Durham City, UK
- 2014 Production by the Helen Hocker Theatre
- 2014 Production in Poland